Sunday, January 22, 2012

My life

This is how I'm viewing my life right now. I wrote a little poem about it, I don't think it's very good, its kind of depressing.

My Life

Spiraling down into the deep dark hole called my life
With only brief flashes of light to sustain me
In this deep dark hole called my life
I never know if I'll ever get out alive

The nightmares chase me
Torturing me with my life
I relive the memories
Crying at the stranger called my life

I'm spiraling down into the deep dark hole called my life
I never know if I'll ever get out alive
In this deep dark hole called my life
No one's here to see me when I die

I used to laugh at all the small things
Now I laugh at nothing
I used to run and enjoy my life
Now I wait for it all to end

Nothing can save me
Not the moon, not the sun
Nor love, the eternal kind
I'm trapped here, in my mind

I'm questioning everything I knew
  Is this is all truely happening to me?
Could this all be a dream, a fantasy?
I wake up, throwing myself into my life
Blinking at all the light that sustains me
Was that thing I knew my life?
I guess it was, don't know what else to say

I'm not spiraling down into the deep dark hole called my life
Instead, I'm basking in the light of my new life
I throw myself into everything I do
Trying not to allow the thing I saw to come true

4 comments:

  1. Oh, god that's depressing. Please don't tell me you actually feel that way. I did think it was well written though, and I am all for you doing WoW!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS how I felt at one point. I'm kind of in a friendless depression right now. My two best friends are kind of leaving me behind, one has a new friend, and the other one just goes off with whoever she goes off with, leaving me behind. Anyway.... how do you link your blog post to the Wow page?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM YOUR FRIEND!!!!!! And by the way, great WoW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the exact same way as Claire after reading this poem. Very raw and I think well-written, but it definitely has your voice in it; your voice is so apparent, in fact, that it kind of startles me in a negative way. Hm...

    ReplyDelete