Monday, January 9, 2012

Autumn Poem

I composed a poem about autumn when I was walking home from school, in about 5 min. Of course, I revised and edited it, later on, but still... I think that that is a pretty big accomplishment for me, since I usually don't write poetry, and if I do, it is usually written in hours, not minutes. I think that this is pretty good, at least for me, so let me know what you think! Well, here goes nothing! Wish me (or my poem) luck!

Autumn

When the leaves change colors
The wind begins to blow
The apples ripen
For frosty snow

When the birds begin to nest
The flowers start to die
When the weather turns cold
In the brisk autumn sky

The leaves begin to fall
And dew becomes frost
When rain turns to snow
Summer is lost

When water becomes ice
The wind turns cold
The fires are lit
And stories are told

When the grass starts to sprout
The sun begins to shine
Flowers start to bloom
And love blossoms fine

The weather turns hot
The sun fails to set
Cold is wanted
And people start to fret

When the leaves change colors
Everybody knows
Autumn is coming
And the world seems aglow

No comments:

Post a Comment