Thursday, January 26, 2012

Write on Wednesday

"Did you hear how I phrased it?" he said, looking at me.
"Yeah." I answered, meeting his gaze for a second, but then flicking away. This was always happening to me, people correcting me on everything I said. I used to think, "Why do you ridicule me for my mistakes, but when I point out yours, you scream at me?". Now, I just accept everything calmly, knowing that it will probably go on for the rest of my life. I can never escape it, never get away from it. It's just going to always be a part of my life, and I just need to accept that. But the thing is, I don't want to. I need to, but I don't want to.

Anything I try to do, I get ridiculed. Nothing will help. Absolutely nothing. I am all alone on a cliff, standing at the edge, with people laughing and pushing me closer to the edge, to the sheer drop. I try to push back, but they're too strong. I have nothing to save me, except to end it on my own terms and just jump before they can push me. I hope that at the last minute, they will change their minds and stop pushing. But I know that's not likely. Actually, it's never going to happen. No matter how many times they promise to stop, it always starts again. I just have to accept my fate and jump.

2 comments:

  1. This is intense! I loved the use of dialogue and felt the strong emotion and angst in this piece of writing. Wow indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! Awesome that you have arrived at WoW, and I think this is a great starting piece!

    ReplyDelete