Monday, March 5, 2012

The Train Station

At the train station,
My friends get on the train,
And the conductor yells,
"Final Boarding Call!"

I hurry to get on the train,
But I am pushed away.

As the train starts,
My friends say,
"We'll meet you at the next station."

So I walk to the next station
And wait.

They never come.

When the train rushes through the station,
They yell,
"At the next station!"
 Their screams swallowed by the wind,
Just like my hope.

I walk to the next station,
and wait.

They never come.

So I quit.

I walk away,
Away from them,
From the train,
From the station,
Away from promises as fickle as the wind.

I walk away from the chase,
The monkey in the middle,
I am the chaser, the monkey.

I get on the next train without them.
Leaving the train station,
To the next stop in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I think this is the best of all your poems. It flows beautifully, and is so pensive. Is it an edited version of one of the poems you've already written? I read one about a train station before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was incredible!!!! The metaphor was perfectly crafted, and you ended on such a hopeful and positive note. Wonderful poem, and I am sure I will read it again and again.

    ReplyDelete