Saturday, February 18, 2012

3 things

Physical wounds,
They heal over time.

Mental wounds,
They never heal at all.

I will grow, I will change.
I will move on, find new friends.
I will never be the same as when I was before what happened.

Before the fights, the cruel words, the rude actions,
I was happier, brighter, able to laugh at anything.

Now, after the fights, the cruel words, the rude actions,
I am sadder, with the past looming over me.

Sometimes I wish I could take it back,
Everything I said, everything I did.
Sometimes I wish we could go back to the way it was before.
The blissful ignorance of what would come, enjoying every moment to its fullest.

Then, I think of the saying that goes:
The one thing we learn from history, is that we don't learn from history.
I know that if we could take it all back,
It would just happen again,
Just how it did before.

I realize now, looking back on 8 years of friendship,
That you and I were never really fit to be good friends.
You liked one thing, I always liked the other.
You were one way, I was always the opposite.

Somehow we made it work for 8 years,
But it was sort of like a bomb.
It was always in danger of exploding,
We just didn't know when.

Finally, I know 3 things.
1. We were never really fit to be good friends.
2. You weren't doing this because I'm me, you were doing it because you don't know what else to do.
3. We will both be happier if we go our separate ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment