Friday, February 10, 2012

You are the one

You are the one who destroyed me
The one who made me who I am today
You say cruel things, designed to bring down my walls
And then you shoot me in the heart

Before, I was different
I was more confident, happier
Now, I am different
I am insecure, despairing

I want to ask you one thing
Why did you do this?
Did you do it because you hate me?
Or simply because I'm me?

Please answer me truthfully,
As best you can
I won't tell anyone,
Nor will I get mad at you for saying the truth
I just want to know.

Because maybe if I know,
I can deal with it better
Because right now, I'm lost
I have no idea how to change what you did to me

And maybe I never will
But I plead with you,
Don't make anyone else suffer like I do
It will not work out for you or them.
You will destroy them, like you did me.

 So even while I flounder and drown
They flower and grow.
Don't kill that. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment