Sunday, February 5, 2012

I'm so sorry

Dismissing anything I do as insignificant, you basically say, "I am more important then you."Our friendship is unbalanced, like a seesaw, when all I ever do is listen to you, but you never listen to me. Every time I speak, you turn away, finding something more important. I'm just here to say, "Listen to me one last time, before you won't have to listen to me anymore."

Whenever I'm gone, you are happier. All I ever seem to do is bring you down. I'm sorry for the pain I've caused you, so sorry for the trouble I've brought with me. But now you won't have to deal with that anymore, because I'm leaving. Now you can go and enjoy your life, without having me to deal with.

I've done this before, broken off a friendship, and it didn't end well for me. All your friends ganged up on me, even though it wasn't their battle to fight. I should've told them to shove off, but I stayed silent, and let them crush me into nothing. Now, I'm going to do it again, and I'm scared. I'm scared of how you'll react, how you'll friends will pummel me. But this time, I'll stand up for myself and tell them to take a hike, because this isn't their battle to fight. My fight is with you.

I am prepared for loneliness, until I find new friends. I'll sit alone, because probably no one will want me after word gets around. I'll hum my songs and write my poems, so please leave me alone, because I don't want this to be more difficult for either of us. We've had 7 solid years of friendship, and I enjoyed that. But now it's time for us to part, so I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, super powerful, and I think the best writing I have ever seen from you. Made me want to cry, or hug you, or both.

    ReplyDelete