Monday, February 6, 2012

WOW: Collection

I would bring it home,
Wash it off,
Put it on a shelf to dry
Promising to take it down later

That would never happen
It would forever be on that shelf
Gathering dust and memories

Now that I reflect,
That rock or seashell deserves to be in a better place
I might've thought that my shelf was a good home,
But it turns out, where it was before is the best.

If you don't like that thought,
Just think of this.

Think of the world as a great big collection.

So when you go to pick something up from the ground
Remember that it is already in a collection, and doesn't need to be in yours.
So admire its beauty from afar, and leave it be.

4 comments:

  1. An interesting perspective, and a good poem. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words of wisdom! I love the melancholy feel to this poem. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for an award on my blog. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete